Well it finally hit the interwebs. Paranormal Activity's original ending (via MovieWeb and Bloody Disgusting). I first mentioned this in my review that I was intrigued by this ending. Now having seen it, here are my thoughts.
- The ending keeps the "real" feel of the entire movie.
- That rocking back and forth is really creepy
- The discovery of Micah's body is only heard in voices...makes it really tingly mesmerizing
- The cops shooting Katie seem kinda off...but she did lunge at them with a knife
- The demon makes a noise in another room and the cops see nothing...there should be one final scare in this flick
What did you guys think? Spielberg ending or the original ending? If a gun were pointed to my head, I'd have to go with the sigh Spielberg ending. But intertwining the two would have worked.
I think this will be part of the Paranormal Activity Effect where big studios just change the film.
OK. Enough talking. Watch the original ending yourself.