Vision Quest is about a high school wrestler (Louden) who attempts to drop two weight classes to beat the state's number one wrestler (Shute).
Release Year: 1985
For more information, view its pages at the Internet Movie Database and Rotten Tomatoes or purchase it from Amazon.
- Confidence: Louden's confidence grows throughout his quest to face Shute.
- Eating Disorders: Louden must cut weight to face Shute, so he eats sparingly and overtrains, causing nosebleeds.
- Focus: Louden focuses on Shute every day, even when Shute shows up at a match to get in his head.
- Imagery: He imagines the six minutes on the mat with Shute, but his friend tell him, "It's not the six minutes, its what happens in those six minutes that counts!"
- Underdogs: Louden is the underdog because no one has beaten Shute and he is a monster.