Release Year: 2001
Length: 224m (yes, it's that long - not a typo)
For more information, view its pages at the Internet Movie Database and Rotten Tomatoes or purchase it from Amazon.
- Cultural Differences: Each team has different "playing" styles, different dress, different values, etc. all of which are obvious; the commanding officer's sister helps the villagers and learns about their traditions; the players must also deal with an "Untouchable" who wants to join the team
- Focus: During the match, a couple players become too amped up and lose their concentration, causing them to get out
- Leadership: Bhuvan (the protagonist) must convince his fellow villagers the cricket match is a good idea and recruit people to play; Bhuvan is also looked to as the team captain and keeps everyone on track
- Sportsmanship: During the cricket game, the British team engages in acts of unsportsmanlike conduct, such as deliberately throwing the cricket ball at the batters to injure them
- Teamwork: All the villagers must work together to defeat the British team; each person has a role, but sometimes they must step up in order to succeed