[this review brought to you by Insano Steve, who after a long hiatus was forced at gunpoint to write his thoughts after seeing Tox Six's The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence]
Rather than give a full review of Human Centipede 2, I thought I'd go through some things that I liked about the movie, and some that I didn't. In honor of the centipede, I broke it down into 10 good and 10 bad things.
- The gore and special effects are excellent. Much more so than the original.
- The killer is a fat slob, who is mute, asthmatic, and retarded. Unconventional!
- The shameless flashbacks to the first part were (un) intentionally hilarious.
- A character from the first part miraculously returns!
- More feces than you will ever see, or would want to see.
- Lacking medical knowledge, our new "doctor" uses household tools.
- Watching a lady, who didn't know better, leave the theater in disgust.
- An actual centipede attacks and maims an old woman. Symbolism!
- Gratuitous prenatal infant trauma. And postnatal trauma.
- The use of laxatives as a plot catalyst!
- The whole movie is in black and white. It mutes the effect of the blood/guts.
- There's no actual plot. No attempt to explain. No attempt to attempt.
- Like 10 scenes of the fat slob using an inhaler. He has asthma. OK, we get it.
- Seeing the fat slob wearing a thong walk around the house. Not good times.
- Sorry, but seeing a room drenched in blood and feces needs to be in color!
- The acting was horrible. Even when you consider the low expectations.
- A little shit eating really goes a long way.
- I'm starting to think that maybe this isn't all "100% medically accurate".
- All of the boring non-centipede related murders.
- Black and white might've been an attempt at art. This shit ain't art. This shit is shit.
Here are more photos via UGO.com